VR hardware requirements
Samsung Gear VR (consumer version 1.0) headset, either the white 2015 SM-R322 model or the black 2016 SM-R323 model.
Gear VR (and the Samsung Internet Browser for Gear VR) is optimized for and supported only on these Android phones:
- Galaxy Note 7 (requires Gear VR model SM-R323 with USB C)
- Galaxy S7
- Galaxy S7 Edge
- Galaxy S6
- Galaxy S6 Edge
- Galaxy S6 Edge+
- Galaxy Note 5
- Galaxy Note 4 (requires Gear VR Innovator Edition)
Install the Oculus Store by simply inserting your Gear VR-capable phone into the Gear VR headset.
- Download and launch the latest version of the Samsung Internet Browser from the Oculus Store.
- In the URL bar, enter internet://webvr-enable to enable experimental WebVR support (and internet://webvr-disable to disable WebVR).
- Into the Samsung Internet brower app, access your tour with the suffix ?vr at the end of the url and enter the tour.
- Connecting Gear VR to your mobile device with any web page open on Samsung Internet for Android, will let you continuously view the same contents using Samsung Internet for Gear VR.
- Go enjoy your ThinkVR Virtual Tour content!
Note: the WebVR implementation in the Samsung Internet Browser for the Gear VR is experimental. Expect performance to improve over time, as work is being done at the moment to significantly reduce current latency.